CalTPA Task 3: Assessing Learning (AL)
Templates for CalTPA Task 3: Assessing Learning (AL)
Visit the CTC web site for information on all tasks. Review the site carefully to be sure you find the appropriate Task for your credential program. On this page, you will find templates for all 4 CalTPA Tasks as well as scoring rubrics.
CalTPA Program Enrollment on TaskStream
The CalTPA is aligned with key courses within the Multiple and Single Subject Programs. Candidates must be enrolled in the appropriate course in order to submit each CalTPA Task. The Assessment Office will enroll candidates in the appropriate CalTPA program on TaskStream after each semester census. Candidates must keep an active account on TaskStream to ensure timely enrollment in the CalTPA programs and scoring of submitted work.
- The CalTPA requires anonymous submission and blind scoring. No submissions may have identifying information such as your name or CSULB ID number.
- You must complete the "Original Work and Consent Form" on TaskStream before you can submit the Task.
- You have the option to agree to let your Task and score be used for teaching and research purposes. If you do so, anonymity will be maintained.
- Late submissions will not be accepted. Candidates who fail to submit their CalTPA Task by the deadline will receive a score of zero (0) and will be directed to enroll in the CalTPA Resubmission Course. NOTE: There will be a fee for this 1-unit course. The fee is currently $175.00 (Fall 2012).
- For official communication purposes, you must maintain an up-to-date email address on TaskStream. All CalTPA-related information will be shared via this address.
These items are to be attached in TaskStream by the teacher candidate
- The assessment, assessment articles (i.e. directions, answer key, rubric, scoring guide)
- Five completed student assessment samples
Scanning Student Work Samples
The Teacher Resource Center (ED1-33), the CSULB Library (upper campus) and the Horn Center (lower campus) provide free access to scanners. Candidates will need to bring a flash drive to save scanned documents as pdf. Once you have saved your student work samples as pdfs, you can then upload the pdfs to TaskStream.
- for use in CSULB Library and Horn Center
- CalTPA Basics and Overview
- CalTPA Submission Calendar
- CalTPA Submission Information
- CalTPA Task 1: Subject-Specific Pedagogy (SSP)
- CalTPA Task 2: Designing Instruction (DI)
- CalTPA Task 3: Assessing Learning (AL)
- CalTPA Task 4: Culminating Teaching Experience (CTE)
- Workshops for Candidates
- Resubmission Course
- Code of Honor Guidelines
College of Education
- CED Home
- Explore Our Programs
- Program Information Sessions
- Commencement 2015
- About CED
- Departments & Programs
- CED Offices
- Event Calendar
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Research and Grants
- College Governance
- Contact Us
- Faculty and Staff Resources