Careers in Education
The improving economy and changes in the K-12 finance system has resulted in an increased number of teaching and leadership positions opening up in our local schools and communities. This is a great time to be finishing your degree or credential! Your program has prepared you well for your next step-finding a job!
You are encouraged to visit the University Career Development Center website and sign up for CareerLINK this is a great resource for our students and you should visit it often as they may have postings not listed on this page.
Best to you in your new career and Go Teach!
FOREIGN LANGUAGE and SCIENCE TEACHER - Upward Bound, Long Beach City College
Two positions open with Long Beach City College Upward Bound for our five week summer session.
- Instructor for science
- Instructor for foreign language or sign language
Upward Bound is a federally funded program that works with students who are first generation going to college and/or low income. Students are from six high schools in Long Beach Unified School District, grades 10th to 12th.
Person hired will create lesson plans for the 5 weeks. The Program will purchase supplies for the class. Class content is flexible, should be very hands-on and participatory for the students.
Teaching credential and experience in working with this population is preferred, but not required.
Classes: two session per day, 1 ½ hour per session.
- first class is from 1:00 to 2:25 PM
- second class is from 2:30 to 4:00 PM
Pay includes the 3 hours of teaching per day, plus 1 hour of preparation per teaching day.
Please contact Elizabeth Morales 562-938-5188 or Barbara Lemle 562-938-5178 for more information.
SEVERAL OPENINGS - Alliance, Los Angeles
Alliance Margaret M Bloomfield High School is seeking teachers who are passionate about education excellence, committed to transforming the lives of children in communities where they are needed most, and want to join a team "where Exceptional is the Rule". As the largest nonprofit charter school network in Los Angeles, Alliance is closing the achievement gap at scale in the second largest city in the country. Alliance teachers don’t have to choose between the benefits of a small community school and a large, cutting-edge organization—teachers enjoy the resources and supports of a large network with the close-knit feel of a small school. Teaching at Alliance is an ideal position for educators who have a deep passion for teaching and seek out professional development opportunities to perfect their craft. Alliance is seeking teachers who want to collaborate, share knowledge, and mentor one another, creating a culture of high expectations and strong results for students. If you have any questions, email Christina Ngo or phone: (323) 537-2060.
- In House Sub
- Special Education Instructional Aide
- Art Teacher
- Dean of Students
- English Teacher
- History Teacher
- Math Teacher
- Physics Teacher
SEVERAL OPENINGS - Da Vinci RISE High School, Los Angeles
Da Vinci RISE High School, a flexible school program created with the needs of homeless and foster youth in the forefront. Da Vinci RISE is one of only 10 schools in the nation to win a prestigious $10 million ‘Super School’ grant to reimagine high school in connection with XQ. To learn more about the school, you can watch the video linked here, or visit our website at www.risehs.org.
We are looking to fill the following positions:
- Math Teacher (2 positions) - https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/898424
- Science Teacher (1 position) - https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/898432
- Spanish Teacher (1 position) - https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/898434
Below are a few more details about how RISE is different that other flexible school programs. Rise High Pillars:
- Flexible Scheduling: Attendance is based on work completed, not time spent in class.
- Advisory Communities: weekly 1:1 support with advisors, teachers, and peer advisors
- Individualized student learning plan
- Hybrid Learning Experience= Online learning platform + classroom instruction
- Competency-Based. No Grade levels: Rather than be placed in grade levels by age, students’ skills are assessed and they focus on the skills in which they need further practice and instruction. Students do not have to repeat an entire class if they do not understand part of the material, but rather, they can focus on the skills/competencies they have not yet mastered.
- Project-Based: Students apply the skills and knowledge they learn to real-world scenarios by designing projects that bring their learning to life.
- Weekly Extracurricular Enrichment Opportunities
- Jobs, Internships, & Career-Readiness: Students who are interested will be connected to industry partners for jobs and internships that expose them to a variety of future career options
- Holistic Wraparound Services that address barriers to education
- Culturally-Relevant Curriculum & Instruction
Questions, please contact: Kari Croft, M.Ed., Principal-DV RISE High School, (864) 992-6365
SEVERAL OPENINGS - Education for Change, East Oakland, CA
Education for Change runs six free, public schools in East Oakland, serving 3,000 TK-8th grade students. We're looking for collaborative, inquiry-minded educators to join our team!
- Elementary School Teachers
- Middle School Teachers
- Assistant Principals
We're expanding our Multi-Tiered System of Supports for the 17/18 school year.
- Mild/Moderate and Moderate/Severe Teachers
- School Psychologists
- School Social Workers
JOB OPENINGS FOR TEACHING OVERSEAS - Qingdao, Shandong Province of China
There are twelve (12) job opportunities for teaching overseas at a reputable K-12 school, Baishan School, this fall. Located in Qingdao, Shandong Province of China, many compare the region to the Bay Area in northern California. Personally, I am familiar with this school and have worked closely with the principal for over a decade. It is a very safe, beautiful campus, and there are more than ten teachers and directors from the United States and other countries working there. These jobs are an excellent chance for your students to teach overseas through a stress-free package: housing is provided in addition to weekday lunches and medical insurance with a low tax for income.
Qingdao Baishan School is the most famous private school with academic excellence in Qingdao, Shandong Province. Qingdao American International School (http://qingdaoamerasia.org) and BMTEI (Montessori Training School) are all under the same Baishan Group. QAIS is an accredited international school with a full English website.
The deadline to reach out to us and apply is April 30, 2017. Should you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me: Irene Cheng, Ph.D., Recruiter on behalf of Qingdao Baishan School
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER-MOD/SEV - Ventura County Office of Education
Under the direction of an Administrator, instruct special education students individually and in small groups in accordance with VCOE polices and procedures; develop and implement IEP goas, assess students, and coordinate programs to increase independence and functioning in society, socially, vocationally and academically.
NETWORKING - Green Dot Public Schools, Los Angeles
March 9th 4-6:30pm at Animo Inglewood Charter High School, 3425 W. Manchester Blvd., Inglewood, 90305
Come meet the school leaders from our 21 Los Angeles campuses and learn more about what it's like to be a middle or high school teacher at Green Dot.
Space is limited, please register now!
Single Subject World Languages: Spanish - Ojai Unified School District
Nordhoff High School, Ventura County, ADA 700 students has an immediate opening for the 2016-2017 school year as a Foreign Language Teacher (World Languages : Spanish). Please contact our certificated personnel office: Jodi Heath (805) 640-4300 x 1042
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES - Camp 4 Kids-Camp Oakes, Big Bear
We are growing and looking to expand our senior staff! We are looking for educators 18 years or over to join us this summer. Come gain experience teaching/leading children!
To apply, visit us at: www.camp4kids.org/senior-staff-application
- Credential Center Home
- Credential Programs
- Open a File
- Initial Credential Application
- Service or Specialist Credential Application
- Careers in Education
- Clear Credentials
- Expired Preliminary Credentials
- General Requirements
- Added Authorizations
- University Internships
- Event Calendar
- Contact Us
- Faculty & Staff
College of Education
- CED Home
- Explore Our Programs
- About CED
- Departments & Programs
- CED Offices
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Event Calendar
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- CED Employment Opportunities
- Research and Grants
- College Governance
- Contact Us
- Faculty and Staff Resources