College of Education Scholarships for 2016-2017
Before you apply:
Please note that you are applying for a scholarship for the coming academic year. The scholarship cycle begins in the prior academic year. Only students who will be matriculated and enrolled in a program of study in the College of Education in the academic year in which they will receive the scholarship are eligible to apply.
Before beginning, we encourage applicants to complete the following steps so they are fully prepared to complete the online application successfully:
Set-up your MyCSULB account
You will use the same username/password combination to log in to our system.
Please note: Students who are not currently matriculated at CSULB and do not have a CSULB student ID but intend to be enrolled in a program in the College of Education in 2016-2017 will need to contact the Center for Scholarship Information at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a hard copy application.
Please select the program that you have been admitted to (or plan to apply to). Please note that eligibility for particular scholarships in the CED are dependent on your specific program of study.
Please note that the scholarship application for the 2016-2017 Academic Year will be available starting November 2nd, 2015.
- If you are currently applying to a program, you must submit your program application by the scholarship deadline to be considered for scholarships.
- Students must be enrolled in the program indicated on the scholarship application for Fall 2016 in order to receive the scholarship that they have been awarded.
Obtain a copy of your unofficial transcripts from My CSULB since a valid cumulative GPA is required.
Identify and inform two individuals in the educational field who are familiar with your academic or professional qualities. Please inform them to expect an email upon completion of your application from Connie Moreno (email@example.com), coordinator for the CSULB Center for Scholarship Information.
- They will be sent an email request for your letters of recommendation.
- The recommendation will be submitted online.
- The maximum character limit is 2500 (spaces included).
Please type a personal that is 4000 characters maximum including spaces, which is typically 2 typed pages. The web form will not allow submission of longer statements.
Be sure to address the following in your personal statement:
- Previous experience working in your intended field (includes paid and volunteer experiences in your chosen field of study)
- Membership and participation in educational organizations
- Community service Leadership roles (e.g., at work, in the community, on campus, in an organization, etc.)
- Education-related experience
- Professional goals and objectives
Include any other information you think is relevant that is not already included in the application.
In Case of Name Change
It is the applicant's responsibility to contact the Center for Scholarship Information at firstname.lastname@example.org if your name changes after the online application is submitted. If you do not request the name change, it could delay receipt of your scholarship funds.
Key Dates for the 2016-2017 Scholarship Application Process
Online Application Available: Monday, November 2, 2015
Scholarship Application Deadline: Thursday, February 4, 2016
Final Date to Receive Online Recommendations : Thursday, February 11, 2016
Notification Period: All applicants will be notified of their application status by the first week of May 2016.
Award Disbursements: Scholarship awards will typically become available during the first week of the Fall 2016 semester. Please note that some of our scholarship donors have requested that we disburse payments in two installments, one in Fall 2016 and the other in Spring 2017, contingent on the candidate continuing to meet scholarship eligibility criteria. Other donors require us to hold payment until the 5th week of the semester when course enrollment can be verified.
Minimum Award Criteria
While some scholarship awards have more competitive GPA and enrollment standards, the following are the minimum academic requirements for College scholarships:
- Acceptance into a program in the College of Education
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 12 units/ semester: Undergraduate Students
- 6 units/ semester: Credential only, Master's and Ed.D. Students
Please read through the scholarship frequently asked questions for answers to questions that you may have regarding the scholarship process.
If after reading through the Scholarship FAQs, you still have outstanding questions, you may e-mail the Center for Scholarship at email@example.com
College of Education
- CED Home
- Explore Our Programs
- About CED
- Commencement 2016
- Departments & Programs
- CED Offices
- Event Calendar
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- CED Employment Opportunities
- Research and Grants
- College Governance
- Contact Us
- Faculty and Staff Resources