Marriage and Family Therapy
Students in this option will prepare for licensed independent MFT practice to work in private practice, community-agency settings, government-court settings, hospitals, clinics, Employee Assistance Programs, and city-county-state agencies to provide counseling services for adults, children, families and couples.
- Master of Science in Counseling
- Fully accredited by WASC; approved by Board of Behavioral Sciences Examiner
- 2-3 year program (full-time student)
- We do not offer a part-time program: minimum number of classes per semester is 3 courses
- Preparing for California State licensure as a Marriage & Family Therapist
- Outstanding multicultural clinical faculty
- No GRE required
- On-site clinic
- Live supervision
- Community practice sites
- Trauma and grief work
- Spirituality and Counseling
- Family systems treatment models
- Human sexuality
- Child and adolescent counseling
- Alcohol and chemical dependency
- Cross-cultural interventions
- Evidence-based treatment
- Couples and group therapy
Fall 2015 Program application due on January 15, 2015.
New application form will be available online in October 2014.
Our program only accepts students to start in Fall (no Spring admission).
Fall 2014 Open House / Information Session will be on November 12, 2014 at 12:00-2:00PM (more details will be posted later).
2013 MFT Cohort
College of Education
- CED Home
- Explore Our Programs
- Program Information Sessions
- About CED
- Departments & Programs
- CED Offices
- Event Calendar
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Research and Grants
- College Governance
- Contact Us
- Faculty and Staff Resources