Marriage and Family Therapy
Students in this option will prepare for licensed independent MFT practice to work in private practice, community-agency settings, government-court settings, hospitals, clinics, Employee Assistance Programs, and city-county-state agencies to provide counseling services for adults, children, families and couples.
- Master of Science in Counseling
- Fully accredited by WASC; approved by Board of Behavioral Sciences Examiner
- 2-3 year program (full-time student)
- We do not offer a part-time program: minimum number of classes per semester is 3 courses
- Preparing for California State licensure as a Marriage & Family Therapist
- Outstanding multicultural clinical faculty
- No GRE required
- On-site clinic
- Live supervision
- Community practice sites
- Trauma and grief work
- Spirituality and Counseling
- Family systems treatment models
- Human sexuality
- Child and adolescent counseling
- Alcohol and chemical dependency
- Cross-cultural interventions
- Evidence-based treatment
- Couples and group therapy
Fall 2015 Program application due in mid-January 2015.
New application form will be available online in October 2014.
Our program only accepts students to start in Fall (no Spring admission).
Fall 2014 Open House / Information Session will be in Novermber 2014 (more details will be posted later).
For more information contact:
2013 MFT Cohort
College of Education
- CED Home
- Explore Our Programs
- Program Information Sessions
- Commencement 2014
- About CED
- Departments & Programs
- CED Offices
- Event Calendar
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Faculty Research
- College Governance
- Contact Us
- Faculty and Staff Resources