Multiple Subject Credential Program (MSCP)
Standing before a room full of students takes courage, heart,and skill. The Multiple Subject Credential Program (MSCP) at California State University, Long Beach provides pre-service teachers with the tools and confidence they need to be successful in the teaching profession.
Our program is a state-approved and nationally accredited professional preparation program which leads to a credential to teach multiple subjects in a self-contained classroom setting. Teachers with this credential traditionally teach elementary (K-8) grades. Because of an integrated approach to certification that incorporates the theoretical and research based foundations of good teaching coupled with extensive opportunities for hands-on application in real world classrooms, CSULB multiple subject credentialed teachers are highly desired by public, private, and charter school employers.
We are still accepting application for Spring 2014 Credential Program Admission!
Contact us at 562-985-1105 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For more information on our Multiple Subject Credential Program, please choose one of the links below:
- Post-bac Multiple Subject Credential Program Information: Students entering this program have either received a Bachelor's Degree or will graduate prior to the end of their Credential Program (including CSULB Liberal Studies Track I majors).
ITEP Undergraduate Multiple Subject Credential Program Information : Students entering this program are Juniors or Seniors who have declared the Liberal Studies ITEP major at CSULB.
The CSULB Multiple Subject Credential Program offers the following pathways, all of which lead to the California Multiple Subject Credential:
- Traditional Multiple Subject Credential - For more information, please choose the Post-bac Program or the Undergraduate Program link above
Multiple Subject Spanish /English Bilingual Authorization (BILA)
Multiple Subject Credential with Spanish Bilingual Authorization (BILA)
Multiple Subject Asian Languages/English BIlingual Authorization (BILA)
Multiple Subject Credential with BILA in Korean, Mandarin or Vietnamese
- UTEACH Option (Urban Teaching Academy) - please choose one of the following for more information:
Multiple Subject Internship - not available in the ITEP track
Multiple Subject Credential for Teachers working on Intern Credentials in a public school district
Walk-in advising is available for Multiple Subject Credential Program current and prospective students.
Walk-in Advising Hours for December 9 - December 13, 2013
Monday 12/9 - 2:00 - 4:00pm
Tuesday 12/10 - 10:00am - 12:00pm
Wednesday 12/11 - 2:00 - 4:00pm
Thursday 12/12 - 9:30 - 11:30am
Friday 12/13 - 9:30-11:30am & 2:00-4:00pm
Hours are subject to change. It is suggested that you contact TPAC at 562-985-1105 to verify hours prior to coming to campus for advising.
- MSCP Home
- Applying to CSULB
- Post-bac Credential Program
- Liberal Studies ITEP Undergraduate Credential Program
- MSCP Student Teaching Office
- Certificate of Clearance Instructions
- Exam Registration Information
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Faculty & Staff
- Event Calendar
- Adding a Multiple Subject Credential to a CA Single Subject Credential
- Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC)
College of Education
- CED Home
- Explore Our Programs
- Program Information Sessions
- About CED
- Departments & Programs
- CED Offices
- Event Calendar
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Faculty Research
- College Governance
- Contact Us
- Faculty and Staff Resources