Multiple Subject Credential Program (MSCP)
Standing before a room full of students takes courage, heart,and skill. The Multiple Subject Credential Program (MSCP) at California State University, Long Beach provides pre-service teachers with the tools and confidence they need to be successful in the teaching profession.
Our program is a state-approved and nationally accredited professional preparation program which leads to a credential to teach multiple subjects in a self-contained classroom setting. Teachers with this credential traditionally teach elementary (K-8) grades. Because of an integrated approach to certification that incorporates the theoretical and research based foundations of good teaching coupled with extensive opportunities for hands-on application in real world classrooms, CSULB multiple subject credentialed teachers are highly desired by public, private, and charter school employers.
For more information on our Multiple Subject Credential Program, please choose one of the links below:
- Post-bac Multiple Subject Credential Program Information: Students entering this program have either received a Bachelor's Degree or will graduate prior to the end of their Credential Program (including CSULB Liberal Studies Track I majors).
ITEP Undergraduate Multiple Subject Credential Program Information : Students entering this program are Juniors or Seniors who have declared the Liberal Studies ITEP major at CSULB.
The CSULB Multiple Subject Credential Program offers the following pathways, all of which lead to the California Multiple Subject Credential:
- Traditional Multiple Subject Credential - For more information, please choose the Post-bac Program or the Undergraduate Program link above
Multiple Subject Spanish /English Bilingual Authorization (BILA)
Multiple Subject Credential with Spanish Bilingual Authorization (BILA)
Multiple Subject Asian Languages/English BIlingual Authorization (BILA)
Multiple Subject Credential with BILA in Korean, Mandarin or Vietnamese
- UTEACH Option (Urban Teaching Academy) - please choose one of the following for more information:
Multiple Subject Internship - not available in the ITEP track
Multiple Subject Credential for Teachers working on Intern Credentials in a public school district
Walk-in advising is available for current and prospective students that want information on or have questions regarding the Multiple Subject Credential Program. If you are a Liberal Studies student and would like to speak with a Liberal Studies advisor regarding your bachelors degree requirements, please check the Liberal Studies website for their walk-in hours.
Walk-in Advising Hours for August 25, 2014 - August 29, 2014
Due to the start of the Fall 2014 semester, an advisor will be available for walk-in advising from 9am-5:30pm Monday - Thursday and from 9am-12pm and 1pm-5pm Friday this week. If you are not planning to take courses this Fall 2014 semester it is advised that you wait until next week to come in for advising due to the increased number of students on-campus for the first week of classes.
Hours are subject to change. It is suggested that you contact TPAC at 562-985-1105 to verify hours prior to coming to campus for advising. It is highly suggested that you attend a program Information Meeting prior to seeing the advisor during office hours.
- MSCP Home
- Applying to CSULB
- Post-bac Credential Program
- Liberal Studies ITEP Undergraduate Credential Program
- MSCP Student Teaching Office
- MSCP Program Policies
- Certificate of Clearance Instructions
- Exam Registration Information
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Faculty & Staff
- Event Calendar
- Adding a Multiple Subject Credential to a CA Single Subject Credential
- Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC)
College of Education
- CED Home
- Explore Our Programs
- Program Information Sessions
- About CED
- Departments & Programs
- CED Offices
- Event Calendar
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Research and Grants
- College Governance
- Contact Us
- Faculty and Staff Resources