US Constitution Requirement
California Education Code Section 44335 requires all candidates for a Multiple Subject, Single Subject, Education Specialist, or Designated Subjects Credential to demonstrate knowledge of the United States Constitution by completing a college level course, or a college level examination in the subject. This requirement must be completed before the credential can be granted. The U.S. Constitution requirement can be met by successful completion of one of the following:
1. Graduation from a college or university within the California State University system.
2. Completion of a course on the provisions and principles of the U.S. Constitution taken at a regionally accredited community college, or a four-year college, or university.
- At CSULB, you may take either Political Science 100, or Political Science 391
- Verify a course taken at another college or university meets the requirement by contacting the Credential Center EED-42, (562) 985- 4109, or email email@example.com. Provide the Credential Center, with an official transcript showing completion of the course and a copy of the course description.
3. Pass an examination on the Provisions and Principles of the U.S. Constitution offered by a regionally accredited college or university. Institutions offering an appropriate college-level examination are:
Test Information: The exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions and a score of 38 correct answers is required to pass.
Sign up: Contact the Tutoring, Learning and Testing Center at (714) 997-6828. For additional information email Carole Wayman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Test Information: The test consists of 75 true false items based on the US Constitution. Pass/Fail results are given immediately after the test.
Sign up: Call (310) 206-8651 or email email@example.com
NOTRE DAME DE NAMUR UNIVERSITY
Test Information: This is an online examination. The timed final exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions. The fee includes the prep material, exam and certificate.
Sign up: visit www.usconstitutionexam.com or call (650) 508-3545
- SSCP Home
- SSCP Announcements
- SSCP Admissions
- SSCP Subject Programs
- SSCP Courses
- SSCP Fieldwork Sites
- SSCP Information Meetings
- SSCP Student Teaching
- SSCP Policies
- SSCP Orientation
- Faculty & Staff
- Documents & Forms
- Certificate of Clearance Instructions
- Subject Matter Waiver Evaluations
- Supervisors' Corner
- Adding an Additional Credential
- Tests & Assessments
- CA Credential Requirements
- Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC)
College of Education
- CED Home
- Explore Our Programs
- About CED
- Commencement 2016
- Departments & Programs
- CED Offices
- Event Calendar
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- CED Employment Opportunities
- Research and Grants
- College Governance
- Contact Us
- Faculty and Staff Resources