MSCP ITEP Asian Language Bilingual Authorization Program
CSULB offers the Multiple Subject Bilingual Authorization Program in Mandarin, Korean and Vietnamese.
The BILA option in the CSULB Multiple Subject and Single Subject Credential Programs allow students to obtain the additional Bilingual Authorization (BILA) to teach in Dual Language classrooms. This pathway is for candidates that wish to teach in classrooms where the language of emphasis is appropriate for instruction and in situations where teachers use the target language for explanation, preview-review, and interaction with families.
In addition to the requirements for the Multiple Subject Credential, students must complete the following to receive the Asian Language Bilingual Authorization:
· Admission to the Multiple Subject Credential Program (MSCP)
· Pass a Language Proficiency Exam
· Pass the CSET LOTE Subtest III-Language and Communication (must pass prior to applying to student teach)
· Take the appropriate Culture course for your target language
o EDEL 455K: Korean*
o EDEL 455C: Mandarin* - This course will be offered online during Summer 2014 through Cal Poly Pomona. The course is EWS 310. For information on how to register click here.
o ASAM 333: Vietnamese*
· Take the appropriate Language Methods courses for your target language
o EDEL 453K: Korean*
o EDEL 453M: Mandarin* - This course will be offered online during Summer 2014 through Cal State Los Angeles. The course is EDCU 556C. For information on how to register click here.
o EDEL 453V: Vietnamese*
· UTEACH Candidates interested in a BILA-must take required courses prior to taking MSCP Methods and Student Teaching.
· Student Teaching Requirement:
o 8 of 16 Units of Student Teaching in a Bilingual Setting
*Course can be taken prior to admission to the MSCP. The courses listed above are not offered every semester. To be placed on a email list to be notified when the courses are being offered, fill in your infromation on the form below. If the form below is not working you may click here to submit your information.
A Scholarship is available for students in the Asian BILA program. For more information on the scholarship, click here.
For more information contact:
- MSCP Home
- Applying to CSULB
- Post-bac Credential Program
- Liberal Studies ITEP Undergraduate Credential Program
- MSCP Student Teaching Office
- MSCP Program Policies
- Certificate of Clearance Instructions
- Exam Registration Information
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Faculty & Staff
- Event Calendar
- Adding a Multiple Subject Credential to a CA Single Subject Credential
- Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC)
College of Education
- CED Home
- Explore Our Programs
- Program Information Sessions
- About CED
- Departments & Programs
- CED Offices
- Event Calendar
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Research and Grants
- College Governance
- Contact Us
- Faculty and Staff Resources