Master of Science in Counseling, Option in School Counseling
Pupil Personnel Services School Counseling Credential
Prospective students should seek advising from the Graduate Studies Office.
Current and admitted students will be assigned a faculty advisor.
Applying to the Program
Fall 2016 Deadline: February 15, 2016
School Counseling Info Session
Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 6-7PM in EED-41
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prospective students are encouraged to attend a Graduate Programs general information session.
Graduate Programs General Info Sessions
School Counseling Option and the Pupil Personnel Services Credential of the Master of Science in Counseling Program prepares counselors to act as advocates for equity, achievement, and opportunity for all students. A balanced, holistic approach that considers the academic, career, and personal/social development of K-12th grade students is a core concept in our classes and fieldwork placements.
The program aligns with the 21st Century Transformative School Counselor Initiative, preparing emerging leaders who utilize a social justice, empowerment and data-driven decision-making framework in their collaborative work with all students and communities. The American School Counselor Association’s (ASCA) National Standards for K-12 School Counseling Programs and National Model serve as a base for our program.
- Complete Master's degree and PPS credential concurrently
- Fieldwork component provides opportunity for application of content
- Cohort model creates a personalized setting for learning and advising
Our graduates are trained to:
- Facilitate the empowerment of K-12th grade students
- Create career and college ready cultures on their campuses
- Be advocates and leaders for access and equity
- Use data driven school counseling interventions
- Provide culturally responsive services
- Work toward closing the achievement gap
School Counseling Resources
American School Counselor Association (ASCA) - www.schoolcounselor.org
California Association of School Counselors (CASC) - www.schoolcounselor-ca.org
College of Education
- CED Home
- Explore Our Programs
- About CED
- Commencement 2015
- Departments & Programs
- CED Offices
- Event Calendar
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- CED Employment Opportunities
- Research and Grants
- College Governance
- Contact Us
- Faculty and Staff Resources