College of Education Scholarships
Before you apply:
Before beginning, we encourage applicants to complete the following steps so they are fully prepared to complete the online application successfully:
Set-up your MyCSULB account. You will use the same username/password combination to log in to our system.
Please note: Students who are not currently matriculated at CSULB and do not have a CSULB student ID but intend to be enrolled in a program in the College of Education in 2014-2015 will need to contact the Center for Scholarship Information at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a hard copy application.
- Obtain a copy of your unofficial transcripts from My CSULB since a valid cumulative GPA is required.
- Identify and inform two individuals in the educational field that they will be sent an email request for your letters of recommendation.
- Please select the program that you have been admitted to (or plan to apply to). Please note that eligibility for particular scholarships in the CED are dependent on your specific program of study.
Please note that the scholarship application for the 2014-2015 Academic Year will be available starting November 1st, 2013. Students must be enrolled in the program indicated on the scholarship application for Fall 2014 in order to receive the scholarship that they have been awarded.
Please read through the scholarship frequently asked questions for answers to questions that you may have regarding the scholarship process.
Note: It is the applicant's responsibility to contact the Center for Scholarship Information at email@example.com if your name changes after the online application is submitted. If you do not request the name change, it could delay receipt of your scholarship funds.
Key Dates for the 2014-2015 Scholarship Application Process
Online Application Available: Friday, November 1, 2013
Scholarship Information Meeting: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 from 4 - 5pm in AS 240 (attendance is optional)
Scholarship Application Deadline: Thursday, February 6th, 2014
Final Date to Receive Online Recommendations : Thursday, February 13th, 2014
Notification Period: All applicants will be notified of their application status by the first week of May 2014.
Award Disbursements: Scholarship awards will typically become available during the first week of the Fall 2014 semester. Please note that some of our scholarship donors have requested that we disburse payments in two installments, one in Fall 2014 and the other in Spring 2015, contingent on the candidate continuing to meet scholarship eligibility criteria. Other donors require us to hold payment until the 5th week of the semester when course enrollment can be verified.
Minimum Award Criteria
While some scholarship awards have more competitive GPA and enrollment standards, the following are the minimum academic requirements for College scholarships:
- Acceptance into a program in the College of Education
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 12 units/ semester- Undergraduate Students
- 6 units/ semester- Student Teachers/ Master's and Ed.D. Students
If after reading through the Scholarship FAQs, you still have outstanding questions, you may e-mail the Center for Scholarship Information Coordinator, Valerie Kelsey, at firstname.lastname@example.org
College of Education
- CED Home
- Explore Our Programs
- Program Information Sessions
- Commencement 2014
- About CED
- Departments & Programs
- CED Offices
- Event Calendar
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Faculty Research
- College Governance
- Contact Us
- Faculty and Staff Resources