College of Education Scholarships
Before you apply:
Before beginning, we encourage applicants to complete the following steps so they are fully prepared to complete the online application successfully:
Set-up your MyCSULB account. You will use the same username/password combination to log in to our system.
Please note: Students who are not currently matriculated at CSULB and do not have a CSULB student ID but plan to be enrolled in a program in the College of Education in 2013-2014 will need to contact the Center for Scholarship Information at email@example.com to obtain access to the online scholarship application.
- Obtain a copy of your unofficial transcripts from My CSULB since a valid cumulative GPA is required.
- Identify and inform two individuals in the educational field that they will be sent an email request for your letters of recommendation.
- Please select the program that you have been admitted to (or plan to apply to). Eligibility for specific scholarships in the CED is dependent on your program of study.
Please note that the scholarship application for the 2013-2014 Academic Year will be available soon. Students must be enrolled for Fall 2013 in order to receive a scholarship.
Please read through the scholarship frequently asked questions for answers to questions that you may have regarding the scholarship process.
Note: It is the applicant's responsibility to contact the Center for Scholarship Information at firstname.lastname@example.org if your name changes after the online application is submitted. If you do not request the name change, it could delay receipt of your scholarship funds.
Key Dates for the 2013-2014 Scholarship Application Process
Online Application Available: Thursday, November 1, 2012
Final Application Date: Thursday, February 7th, 2013
Final Date to Receive Online Recommendations : Thursday, February 14th, 2013
Notification Period: All applicants will be notified of their application status by the first week of May 2013.
Award Disbursements: Scholarship awards are usually available during the first week of the Fall 2013 semester. Please note that some of our scholarship donors have requested that we disburse payments in two installments, one in Fall 2013 and the other in Spring 2014, contingent on the candidate continuing to meet scholarship eligibility criteria. Other donors require us to hold payment until the 5th week of the semester when course enrollment can be verified.
Minimum Award Criteria
While some scholarship awards have more competitive GPA and enrollment standards, the following are the minimum academic requirements for College scholarships:
- Acceptance into a major in the College of Education.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- 12 units/ semester- Undergraduate Students.
- 6 units/ semester- Student Teachers/ Master's and Ed.D. Students
If after reading through the Scholarship FAQs, you still have outstanding questions, you may e-mail the Center for Scholarship Information Coordinator, Valerie Kelsey, at email@example.com
College of Education
- CED Home
- Prospective Students
- About CED
- Departments & Programs
- CED Offices
- Event Calendar
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Faculty Research
- College Governance
- Contact Us
- Faculty and Staff Resources